1. Choose a fundraising idea
Thank you for choosing to support the OWN.CANCER campaign with your event!
To help your event succeed, we suggest finding a unique fundraising idea that will encourage friends and family to support. We are here along the way to answer any questions you may have.
Charity head shaves have long been a popular way of raising money for good causes. The idea is very simple and a great attention grabber, guaranteed to attract publicity to your good cause.
Golf tournaments can be very successful fundraising events, when done right. Of course, the player registration fee provides a baseline for obtaining funds; however, there are plenty of opportunities to raise money before, during and after the tournament takes place.
With so many charity run/walks, you’d think the nonprofit community would be out of ideas, but this type of event continues to raise money year after year.
2. Set up an online fundraising page here: Set up an OWN fundraising page
3. If you have any questions about hosting a fundraiser, we are happy to send you an event toolkit with more information – simply fill out the contact form to request more details.
4. Continue planning & executing your event.
- Share why you were inspired to host your event on your event fundraising page
- Ensure proper tracking of donor information for tax receipting purposes
- Approach sponsors if needed to raise extra fundraising dollars
- Use social media to spread the word
- Invite family & friends to support you